Wednesday, January 2, 2013

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Back in the early '00s (I think), Walt Disney World had a commercial that exactly described my feelings right about now.  Here is an excerpt:



The marathon is 11 days away.  We're leaving for Disney in 10 days.  My knee is still not great, but I honestly couldn't care less (I am, however, seeing a doctor and going to PT... looks like it's my IT band).  I need to get to Orlando.  I need to see this sight:


I need to hear this sentence:  "Please stand clear of the doors.  Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.".  I need to eat some beer cheese soup.  I need to sprint through Hollywood Studios to get to the Toy Story Midway Mania Fastpass dispenser before everyone else gets their grubby paws on them. I need to ride Splash Mountain even if it's barely above 65 degrees.  I need to get on a lineless Maelstrom 3 times in a row because most people are batshit crazy and think it's not that great of a ride.  I need to walk right by Mission Space, cuz that ish makes me wanna vomit.  Oh and I guess I need to run these 26.2 miles. 

I can do it.  I ran 20 miles a few days before Christmas and felt great.  I DEFINITELY could've tacked another 6.2 on.  Sister Alison did not fare so well, as her knee is also starting to give her problems, but with all those characters to high five, I think we'll both be able to endure the pain.  So now to just get through the next 9.79 days.  235 hours.  14,102 minutes.  846,130 seconds.  This is gonna be a long week and a half.

I'M TOO EXCITED TO SLEEEEEEEEP,

CQ

1 comment: