Monday, April 1, 2013

Shoes, Glorious Shoes

Well, I feel better now.  A week of religiously sticking to the training schedule INCLUDING cross training by way of picking things up and putting things down and capped off with a really great 7+ mile run yesterday makes me feel 100% more prepared for this half marathon. 

What also helps is the brand new kicks I just bought!  I've decided that the Nike Frees I've been running in aren't gonna cut it for me if I wanna keep running these distances.  They're a light shoe good for fast people who run short to medium distances.  Neither of those things are me.  Soooo I've decided to give these bad boys a try:

Brooks Ghost 5.... ooooooooohhhhhhhh scary.

I spent all day yesterday reading a zillion shoe reviews, and these came out on top.  It also helped that they come in wide width, because I have ridiculous duck feet (thanks, mom).  Sooo they should be arriving somewhere in the realm of tomorrow-Thursday and I CAN'T WAIT.  They're still a fairly light shoe, but they are way more supportive and cushioned than my formerly trusty Frees.  I'll be sure to post my own review of these shoes when I actually run in them.  Maybe they'll be injury preventative.

Well that was a boring post.

My apologies,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment