Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Must Sees

The Disney Marathon is by no means the Boston Marathon.  From what I've heard, there's very little chance that seasoned runners are getting a personal record on this course.  It's a great "beginner's" marathon since the pace requirement is a snail's pace 16 minute mile.  You can essentially take 7 hours to "run" this race and not get picked up by the sweeper vans.  That said, I still have a goal.  I'd like to finish this race in under 5 hours, ideally at or under 4:45.  The challenge comes here:  the characters.  As I've mentioned before, Disney positions their characters at fairly regular intervals along the course to entertain the runners in the dull sections and provide a some pretty unique photo ops.  Being a HUGE Disney fan, I love seeing the characters, and getting pictures with them is awesome.  But, seeing as how I have a time goal in mind, I'm gonna have to be INCREDIBLY picky about who I'll stop and take a photo with.  I will be stopping for (and ONLY for) the following characters if I see them on my journey:

The Beast
And I will not be stopping for the frou-frou human version of the beast.  That's lame. 


Donald Duck
He's a total jerk, who doesn't love that??


Phineas and Ferb

This one is for my nephew, Grant.  He's a huge P&F fan, and I feel I'd be doing him a disservice if I didn't stop and say hi to these guys.  (Doctor Doofenshmirtz would be a very welcome added bonus)


Launchpad McQuack
Admittedly, this one is mostly just for obscurity's sake.  I mean, I'm pretty sure the Launchpad costume collects a lot of dust behind the scenes at WDW.  But I do genuinely love him as a character.  When I was little, I used to think his name was Lunchpail, so, there's that.


THAT'S.  IT.  Nobody else.  I got a time to beat, and lucky (or maybe unlucky) for me the chances of me meeting any of these characters aside form Donald are slim.  Bring on that 4:45. 

**Note:  when I come back from my trip with a stack of 30 race day pictues of me and a bunch of princesses I will neither be sorry nor ashamed. 

Not Ponytails or Cottontails but DUCKTALES (ah wooo-ooo),

CQ

2 comments:

  1. I'll be stopping for King Louie. You can choose to join me or not. http://bit.ly/Ql4sFL

    ReplyDelete