Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Documentation of a Long Run

Long runs are so great.  Nothing like going outside on a Saturday morning, running for a couple of hours while seeing sights, listening to some great jams (Mumford & Son's new album Babel is on repeat on this clown's iPod), people watching, and burning enough calories to shovel copious amounts of the abdominal region of your favorite porcine beast into your maw upon your return to start your weekend.  But lateley I've picked up a new habit of taking pictures while running.  Usually only 1 or 2 per run, but it's kind cool to go back through my photos and realize that I wouldn't have some really cool pictures if I wasn't out stomping on the sidewalk's grill.  The following is a collection of some of these snapshots:

Running the Party with Purpose 5k.  I think Sam and Drew might be in this one somewhere, but it's like Where's Waldo.

Early morning run in Seaside Heights.

Instagram-filtered pre-work 8 miles. 

 Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges on what was supposed to be a 10, but turned out to be a 12 mile run with Emily.  We ran to brunch.

 
This past weekend's 13.1 miles.  Running Level = Half Marathoner (finally).  Bring on the races.
(Note:  please ignore the litter/pollution.  I didn't do that)

I'm now officially "tapering" for the Seaside Half Marathon, which is in 11 days (excitement level = high), so I only have short runs from now until then.  But I will definitely be taking a picture or two during the race.  Although last night I had a dream that I was running this race. I tripped over some loose planks on the boardwalk, slammed my face into the ground, and crossed the finish line looking like this chick.  Here's hoping that dream does not become a reality.

I'm a crappy photographer,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment