Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ugh

Last week was NOT a great week for me in terms of exercise and keeping on schedule (and blogging, apparently).  Missed Monday's run cuz I just didn't feel like it, which once in a while is a legitimate excuse, and one that I haven't used at all yet during this training.  Fine.  But then the next day I had a work event in the evening, so no kickboxing for me.  Wednesday I did my four miles, but it was a struggle, then Thursday came around and I got sent home from work because I was sick, so no kickboxing then either.  Skipped the long run Saturday because I didn't want to get up early since I had a full day of fun at Great Adventure and 30th birthday celebrations for a friend of mine (who never does anything half-assed) planned.  Ended up doing an abysmal (read:  hungover) 8 miles on Sunday afternoon.  Then yesterday I was supposed to run 4 miles, "but it's a holiday" and I'm worthless. 

Last Week Me

Yesterday came around.  I felt like garbage.  Weak, fat, and tired.  I never want to have a week like last week ever again.  So I took back kickboxing with a vengeance (I hadn't been in a week and a half), then once it was done I went upstairs to where the treadmills are and knocked out that four miles I was supposed to do the day before.  BOOYAH.  I think an hour and forty five minutes straight of working out and sweating more than I ever have in my life really gave me the push I needed to get myself back on track.  I have a serious test coming up on Saturday as I'm spending the weekend down in Mantoloking with my best friends from college, and I'm due to run 9 miles.  I have a few things going for me though in that my homeslice Merrill is in marathon training mode as well (she's running the Amica Marathon in Rhode Island in October), AND I'll be only a couple of miles away from my favorite running spot, the boardwalk in Seaside.  Bring it on.


This Week Me

Roll Out,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment