Friday, August 24, 2012

My Whackadoo Idea

So.  This is completely crazy and it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg, but I don't care one single bit.  I'm doing it.  I love Disney (especially Disney Parks) probably more than any non-breathing thing on the planet.  I also love running.  There.  I said it.  I love running (thank you for that, Emily).  Running the Disney World Marathon this January has the potential to be the single greatest experience of my life.  I'll be running.  I'll be in my favorite place on Earth.  There will be full-suit Disney characters cheering on the sidelines.  There will be fireworks.  MICKEY FREAKING MOUSE will likely high five me as I cross the finish line.  And then, I'll get this:


It's so very cool. I NEED one.  I'll get one.  When Disney revealed this medal, my jaw hit the floor. And then I started looking at the other RunDisney race medals, and Get ALL The Medals (Plan 1.0) was born.  Between now and 2018, I will obtain each medal RunDisney has to offer.  This will require the following:

7 Trips to Walt Disney World
2 Trips to Disneyland
18 Flights
157.2 Miles Run
~1 Zillion Dollars

There are 8 RunDisney races done annually (excluding the kids/family fun runs). 

1)  Walt Disney World Half Marathon
2)  Walt Disney World Marathon
3)  Tinkerbell Half Marathon
4)  Princess Half Marathon
5)  Expedition Everest Challenge (5k including obstacles and a scavenger hunt)
6)  Disneyland Half Marathon
7)  The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 Miler
8)  Wine and Dine Half Marathon

On top of those 8 race medals, there are three additional medals to be won. 

1)  The Goofy Challenge Medal.  You get this if you run the Walt Disney World Half Marathon and Full Marathon in one weekend.  We're talking Saturday half marathon and Sunday marathon.  This one is gonna be rough, but it's happening.
2)  Coast 2 Coast Medal.  This one is for completing a half marathon-distance or farther race in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland within one calendar year.
3)  Chip and Dale Marathon Relay Medal.  This one is for completing the WDW Marathon as a team of 2 or more (each member does their share of miles, total miles for the team is 26.2).  WHO'S WITH ME?!



So there it is.  I don't care how insane/stupid/unlikely/financially irresponsible it sounds.  I'm doing this.  5 years. 13 total medals.  If you'd like to join me for any of these races, I will welcome you with open arms.  If you'd like to scoff, keep it to yourself. 

Better prep that medal rack, join the Disney Vacation Club, and make good friends with some sort of airline representative (and/or move to Central Florida). 

Every Mile Will Be Magic.

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment