Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Vacation is over and I am pissed.  9 glorious days on the beach was incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating, but I coulda used a few more days.  It is painful to be sitting in the office today (although it's nice to be rocking a pretty legit tan). 

On the running front, I (along with the sister) ass-kicked my vacation.  My training schedule had me running 14.5 miles for the duration of my stay, but I somehow ended up doing 30.  4 miles the first Friday (what would normally be a rest day, but I couldn't resist the call of the springy boardwalk), 8 miles on the SWEALTERINGLY hot first Saturday, 4 miles Monday, 10 miles Wednesday (sans iPod even!), and 4 miles this past Saturday added up to a pretty successful trip down the shore.  Not to mention it afforded me the ability to eat delicious treats (read:  10...TEN!... gloriously cajun-y buttery, and slightly dangerous "Jean Lafeet" crabs in one sitting) without as much guilt.  I wouldn't have changed a thing. 

This morning I thought I had nothing to live for now that vacation and the olympics are over, but I guess these three races that I've been training for and writing about will suffice.  152 days until Disney, 88 until the Trenton Half, and only 61 until Alison and I head back down the shore for the Seaside Half.  Also, it's now officially Shark Week, so I guess I was just being a bit dramatic. 



Not So Happy to be Back,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment