Monday, August 20, 2012

I am Invincible

So writing this post might be a mistake.  It might, as my brother would say, put the "KAI-bash" on my making any more progress in the form of a serious jinx.  But I just had to point out that running is not difficult anymore.  I ran 10 miles in the Spring twice, and on both occasions, upon completion I thought that my legs were gonna straight up fall off, my entire body ached, I immediately collapsed onto the bed and passed out for hours, then subsequently took 45 minutes to find the right position and trejectory to roll myself out of the bed and into a standing position, and it took approximately 6 days for my body to feel normal again.  Then I ran 10 miles a couple weeks ago... and nothing.  I felt fine.  I didn't need a nap.  I swam in the ocean, took a few short walks, and drank some beers afterward.  The run immediately following that was comparatively short at 4 miles, but, again, nothing.  Then yesterday I ran 6 miles and absolutely nothing.  I barely even broke a sweat.  Am I becoming superhuman??  Or is this just the way the human body works?  Am I IN SHAPE!?  Because last time that happened I was 16 and in the prime of my stellar Field Hockey career and I hadn't yet discovered the gloriousness of copious amounts of red wine on a weeknight.  I absolutely do not remember what that felt like.  So if this is it, it's nice.  I only hope that after 26.2 miles I'll feel good enough to tackle my favorite Disney rides without so much more as a 20 minute power nap.  After all, I'm gonna need to hit all the good ones to make my dream of a ride photo collage of myself and my sister holding up our medals come to fruition.  You can see a preview here:


Feelin' Good,

CQ

3 comments:

  1. hahah, why am I holding my medal instead of wearing it? BTW, your artistic rendering of the medal is uncanny: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fitness_exercise_health/files/2012/08/20th-Anniversary-Medal.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am indeed the brother to whom you're referring, I pronounce it more like "KIE- bosh". But either way, congrats on being in shape. Maybe some year I can join you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha now that I think about it, I feel like it should be KAI-bosh. I'm changing it to that. KIE looks more like it should be pronounced "key".

      Delete