Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Fear has Arrived

So the other day I ran a super crappy 5 miles for my last "long" (but seriously, 5 miles isn't even close to long anymore) run before the Seaside Half Marathon.  It did NOT go well.  It was the exact opposite of my run the previous Saturday when I ran 13.1 miles and didn't even look at my watch until I had already gone 7.  This time I set out from my apartment and made it an entire 1.73 miles before I started staring into the face of my Garmin like it was the friggen aurora borealis.  I might be in trouble.  I mean, I'm GOING to run this full race this weekend regardless of how I'm feeling, but my less than ideal run this past weekend makes me wonder my attempt on Sunday will look something like this:

"Ok.. here I go!  Nope."

T - 5 days,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment