Tuesday, June 19, 2012

512.9

That is the distance in miles I will be running between today (Tuesday, June 19th, 2012) and the Walt Disney World Marathon (Sunday, January 13th, 2013). 

I'm out of shape.  I'm lazy.  I'm tired all the time.  And I wasn't any of that less than two months ago when I ran the Broad Street 10 Mile in Philadelphia, PA. Even though I came in at a snail's pace 1:49:05, I did it.  Through training I learned about hydration, shin splints, Shot Bloks, and SPIBelts, and I felt good.   Running is good for me.  A couple of blisters and some horrific chub rub (and on the 8th day God created Body Glide) are worth not feeling like this:


And looking like this:
"Welllllll if it isn't Lonestar... and his sidekick, Puke."


Official training starts tomorrow (and in the morning since it's summer and the weatherman is calling for temps in the high 90s.  Woofsville McGillicuddy)  I have my calendar set for the next 7 months *see sidebar*.  No going back now.  It's written in ink.  On paper.  And I can't find my whiteout. 

2 miles tomorrow.  Pshh, I can run that in my sleep (remember, I'm not quite a novice runner, I've got a 40,000 participant 10-miler under my belt... and about 25 extra pounds there too), it's running it at 5:30 in the morning that may prove difficult. 

See ya then, Nikes.

May the Schwartz be with you,

CQ












2 comments:

  1. I'll be running those 512.9 right alongside you. Can I be Barf? Or maybe I just WILL barf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Spaceball references.

    ReplyDelete