Friday, June 29, 2012

Kickboxing > Everything

CKO is incredible.  Now, I know I'm only 2 classes in, so it might just be my imagination, but I feel slimmer and stronger already.  I don't think any workout can beat beating the bejesus out of a giant bag for an hour.  My knuckles were bleeding and it hurts to make my hands into a fist, but it's TOTALLY WORTH IT.  The time flew by.  I wish I knew how many calories I burned though.  Everyone says you can burn up to 1200 calories in one workout there, but that's if you're going at 100% the ENTIRE time (which is next to impossible).  I plugged "kickboxing- 1hr" into my Lose It! app and it came up with 651 calories taking into consideration my height and weight.  That sounds about right.  By the way, Lose It! is pretty awesome.  Last year I lost 22 pounds in about 3 months using it.  I gained it all back, because instead of switching over to the "maintain weight" version of the program, I went on 2 vacations in the span of 2 months.  One included several wine tours in Napa, CA (we're talking 5 different wineries with 5 different wines at each place... you do the math... I was both very drunk and very full).  And the other included eating things like this: 

These are fried White Castle Burgers. 
FRIED WHITE CASTLE BURGERS.

As the fried White Castle Burger vacation (or as it's properly known, Haley Family Seaside Vacation) is an annual thing, I need to a) use the 4 1/2 weeks I have left before the commencement of the 2012 vacation to loose some elbs (that's awesome-speak for pounds) so that I feel beach-ready.   b) run at least 5-8 miles per day for the entire 9 days I am there so that I can actually partake in some treats.  Although maybe nothing as extreme as those burgers. 

Anyway, it's Friday, which means it's a rest day.  Although I guess it wasn't totally restful as I decided to use Jay's bicep to show him some of the new punches I've learned while we walked to the train station this morning.  Calories burned:  10.

Regards from the Million Dollar Baby,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment