Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hot Town, Summer in the City

I hate this.  No running today, as it is a cross training day (which I won't do until I get home from work), and yet I was still drenched in sweat this morning.  My 20 minute walk through Hoboken to get to the PATH station is gonna be a force to reckon with this summer if things stay the way they are.  89 degrees at 7:00 this morning and it's only gonna get worse.  I'd call it 99.9% humidity, but I'm no Gabriel Fahrenheit (yeah that's his name, look it up).

All this talk about temperature brings me to one of the concerns I have about the marathon.  It's in January.  In Central Florida.  This means I will be training in the bitter cold Northeast winter then hopping on a plane to run 26.2 miles in weather that could potentially be likened to a very warm New Jersey Spring day.  I hope my body will adjust.  Then again, it has snowed in Lake Buena Vista on Disney Marathon day in the past, so I guess there's no real way to prepare aside from layering it up. 

"Better not do any.... LUNGES!"

Anyway, I guess that's a bridge to be crossed when I come to it.  For today, I'll just make my meager attempt at cross training on my own.  Tuesday I go for a free trail class at CKO Kickboxing.  Might be fun to beat the crap out of a bag for an hour.  Hopefully I'll like it and can add it to my cross training routine a few times a week.  I just don't want to come out looking like Madonna.  She's definitely Borderline scary.  She should probably take a Holiday from working out.  Madonna, I should Dress You Up in long sleeves so nobody has to look at your scary biceps.  Maybe I'll shine a Ray of Light up.... yeah, that one wasn't well thought out.

Music Mix the Bourgoise and the Rebel,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment