Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sweat.

Disgusting amounts of sweat.  I started runninng at 6am today.  The sun was up, but just barely, yet it was somehow still Botswana hot and muggy.  Due to the conditions, I was sweating profusely from 6:02am until I just sat down at my desk at work at 8:00.  During that time I took a shower (duh) and yet still managed to sweat through the water.  I dried my hair on my hairdryer's cold setting and I will welcome the pneumonia that may come with that decision (there are regulatory laws that require hospitals to have air conditioning, right?).  The problem is that it is only June.  ONLY JUNE.  I have about 3 1/2- 4 more months of this thick New York Metropolitan area heat to look forward to.

Also, I only ran 2 miles this morning.  Can't wait to show up to work after 5 or 6.  I expect it to look something like this:

"What the hell have you done to me??"

Luckily long runs are on Saturdays, so the only person who has to deal with my Senator Kelly mutation after those is my boyfriend, Jason.  Sorry, Jay.  I promise not to sit on our nice furniture until after I take a shower.

On a positive note, I ran into my best friend (and the birthday girl!) Emily on my run.  She's the one who got me into all of this after she ran the New York Marathon last November.  Inspiring, to say the very least.  She's running the Philly Marathon this November, and I'd bet my white Ray Bans (I LOVE my white Ray Bans) that you'll find her in Chicago in 2013 running that marathon too, whenever it may be. So here's to Emily, without whom I wouldn't be writing this blog (also, she's a writer, a phenomenal one, so, ya know, two birds) or running Disney 2013. 

Since my run is out of the way for the day, I will fully enjoy the happy hour planned for dear Emily's 26th anniversary of birth.  5:00 can't come soon enough. 


Get out of my bar, freak,

CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment