Monday, July 2, 2012

Success! (and my small head)

I successfully completed my run in the morning today!  Pay no attention to the fact that I was asked to work 9-6 this week instead of my usual 8-5, so I woke up to my regularly scheduled alarm clock and was able to get a quick 2.5 miles in.  It was still pre-work, ok?  It was a fast 2.5 miles too.  I did it in about 22 mins (anything under a 10 minute mile is lightning for me).  I have got to figure out what to do with my hair for running and kickboxing though.  I have short hair that fits ok into a ponytail aside from my sideswept bangs and some little pieces in the back.  Unfortunately for me, I have an orange-sized head (ok, more like clementine-sized) and I have difficulty finding headbands that will stay on my abnormally tiny noggin.  I essentially looked like this on the treadmill this morning:

"Everyone will suffer."

I think the only option that has been foolproof in the past is pre wrap.  That stuff got me through many a field hockey/rugby/softball/soccer/basketball game in my heyday.  Here's hoping they stock it at one of the drug stores on my long walk home from the train station, cuz I am NOT walking 6 blocks and an avenue in this heat to get to the Third Avenue Sports Authority.  I already did my sweating today, thanks.

Pinheadedly yours,

CQ

3 comments:

  1. I never noticed your head being that small

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try on one of my hats, Eamonn. Child-sized. Grant could wear them.

    ReplyDelete