Thursday, July 19, 2012

Adjustments

I did not stick to my training schedule AT ALL this week, but I will still get every last workout I had planned done (so help me Hosanna in the Highest*).  My calendar (and the sidebar of this blog) had me running 4 miles on Monday.  NOPE.  I had the Party with Purpose 5k scheduled for Tuesday, so I went to kickboxing instead.  Tuesday came around, and when I was at the starting line of the race I realized that, NOPE, I won't be making up for that 4 miles I didn't run the day before as 3.1 miles ≠ 4 miles.  Then yesterday at around 4:00pm, the windows on the trading floor at work went dark and a MASSIVE storm showed up.  Hail, huge gusts of wind, thunder, lightning... all of it.  Luckily it didn't delay my transit home and I made it there in plenty of time to get to 6:30 kickboxing class.  NOPE.  Gym + flood waters = closed gym.  I was bummed.  I wanted to punch a bag in it's face, and I didn't get to.  So as I moped on the couch last night, I vowed to myself that I would wake up at 5am to get my 6 miles in before work. Alarm went off at 4:45am... I shut it off... backup alarm went off at 5am.  I hit snooze.  I laid there for a grand total of 30 seconds before I did a mental face slap (then a real one to wake myself up) and said NOPE I am not gonna disappoint myself.  So I did it.  I ran 6 miles at ass o'clock in the morning on a weekday.  Unheard of for me.  Then, when the announcer lady in my headphones told me I had hit 6 miles, I ran another .9 to make up for Monday/Tuesday.  BOOM.  Now, all that's left for me is 8 miles on Saturday, then kickboxing on Sunday to make up for the non-kickboxing Wednesday and I am golden.  Take that, wrenches in my plan, you've been eradi-CAIT-ed

 

Awwwww Yeah.

Still Happy with Myself,

CQ


*Speaking of...  From the ages of approximately 42 days old until I was 18, I went to church at LEAST once a week.  For a large chunk of that it was twice, since my Catholic grade school required us to go to mass every Friday as well as Sundays.  Not to mention monthly "liturgy" at Catholic high school.  But (apologies, God) I can't say I've gone to church more than 10 times since I graduated high school.  A couple of weeks ago I went to a friend's wedding in which the ceremony included a full Catholic mass.  For the most part, I was boppin' along getting a real hit of nostalgia as I mouthed along with the priest during the consecration.  But then... something happened.  He said something different!!  I was completely thrown off as THEY'VE CHANGED THE WORDS TO CHURCH!  Can they do that?!?!  I was pissed.  Thus ends my rant the ol' RC Church not keeping mass as it was in 1996, sorry if it was a bit irreverent.  I'll go to confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment