Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thank God for the 90s

I had an amazing run yesterday.  4 miles on the treadmill (which I usually can't stand), but yesterday it was a breeze.  I have my 90s Pop Hits Pandora Radio station to thank entirely.  Usually I spend the entire time on the treadmill looking down at my mileage counting down the seconds (or hudreths of a mile) until I can get off the damn thing.  But thanks to 90s pop, I was in such a glorious state of musical bliss that I didn't even glance down until I was at 3.75.  The following is a selection of the wondrousness I experienced:

Backstreet Boys- Show me the Meaning of Being Lonely

Len- Steal My Sunshine

Alannis Morrisette-   You Oughta Know

Haddaway-  What is Love

NSync-- Tearin up my Heart

Ace of Base-  All that she Wants

Spice Girls- Wannabe

It.  Was.  Wonderful.  I don't think I'll ever go on another run without this station ever again.  Luckily there was nobody else in the gym yesterday because I spent the entire 45 minutes lipsynching along (I would've actually tried singing, but you lose a lot of valuable breath that way... besides, I had spent the entire morning singing in the kitchen to the same station, so at least Jay got to hear my awesome rendition of LFO's Summergirls.  Oh and Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey.  He was most impressed with my runs.  Singing runs.  Not running runs.  Or any other kind of runs for that matter). 

I've found my running muse.  Nothing can stop me now.  Except maybe if I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans featuring 112 comes on.  Cuz then I'll just have to curl up into a ball in a dark alleyway and weep. 


I'll Steal your Honey Like I Stole your Bike,

CQ



**Disclaimer-- all of these videos are from YouTube.  I wanted to post the official videos for all of the songs, but most of those are too big for Blogger's ridiculously small video player.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment