Monday, July 16, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

I am the best.  Really, I am.   Friday night, Jay and I went down to Deleware for a fun beach weekend with my college friends.  Because of this, I had countless reasons to skip my long Saturday run. I was in a strange place, I had been up until 2am the night before, drinks were involved, it was hot... and I'm sure there are more.  But I DID IT, dammit.  I woke up to a very quiet beach house at 7:09am, got dressed, and walked my GapFIT attired self out the door and onto the pavement for what turned out to be a really nice 6 mile jog in Ocean View, DE.   I kept up about a 10 minute mile the whole time, and was back at the house in plenty of time to enjoy a long beach day and beyond with my friends.  So basically, I'm pretty happy with myself.

"I'm that star up in the sky I'm that mountain peak up high,
Hey I made it, I'm the World's Greatest."

I will attempt a continuation of being awesome tomorrow night when I participate in the Party with Purpose 5k.  I'd love to finish in under a half hour, but we'll just have to see whether or not my greatness has a limit.  I'd like to think that it does not.

From the Mouthpiece of my Own Horn,

CQ


PS-- In regards to my previous post, I have secured reservations at Le Cellier.  BRING ON THE CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP. 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being so awesome. How'd the party with a purpose 5k go? I ran that back in 2007 and have no clue how fast I finished it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 31:23.11... not as fast as I had hoped, but it was 97 degrees outside so I'm ok with it

      Delete